No post today. Just a video of my Irish language progress.
I’ve been a bit quiet here the last week or so. Things have been really hectic with my work and I’m moving house at the moment, but hopefully I’ll start to get more time to devote to improving and maintaining this site in the coming weeks.
It’s great to see so many people regularly checking back here! Thanks to those of you who subscribed to the RSS feed or bookmarked this site to keep coming back.
I announced my intention to learn Irish from absolutely no prior knowledge on December 15th 2011 (although thanks to Christmas and work the first month was quite slow and unproductive).
This video shows roughly where I’m at now (speaking ability).
As I said before, this is the slowest progress I’ve ever made and I’ve only had three short conversations with other people so far so I’m definitely in need of more practice as you can see.
Are you a native Irish speaker? Your criticism’s welcome in the comment section below!
This was written by Donovan Nagel.
Do you use StumbleUpon, Reddit, Pinterest or Digg? A quick upvote, like, pin or digg will make my day! Thanks
Comments: If you’ve got something you’d like to add to this or some constructive criticism you can do that at the bottom of this page. Just please be respectful. Any abusive or nonsensical comments will be deleted.
- Arabic and Hebrew: Why Semitic Languages Are Not Difficult (46)
- You Don’t Need To Study Grammar To Learn A Foreign Language (43)
- 12 Prolific Language Learning Bloggers You Should Follow (42)
- 12 Lessons Learned Proposing To An Egyptian Girl Who Only Spoke Arabic (41)
- Learning Arabic? Here Are 5 Books That I Highly Recommend You Own (38)