Write For The Mezzofanti Guild
I welcome and encourage all contributions - as long as they're written well and conform to my guidelines (see below).
The Mezzofanti Guild is one of the most heavily-trafficked and well-established language blogs (almost a decade running) with a very engaged readership. If you have something quality to offer my readers then it'll be a great way for you to get some exposure for your own blog or product.
Make sure to read these instructions carefully.
Simple guidelines for article submissions
You don't have to be a big name blogger to contribute but these are the general rules for guest posting:
1. 1500 - 2500 word limit. If it's super awesome or contains video content then I'll consider it if it's less or more than that.
2. Must be written by an individual and not a representative of a faceless company (e.g. translation companies or schools).
3. You must have language learning experience to share with others to encourage, inspire or help them.
This can be anything such as stories about your own experience, lessons you've learned, resources you've used and want to recommend, specific language learning advice, travel advice to certain places as it relates to your language learning experience, and so on. It should preferably be about YOU and your experience. Nobody wants boring academic-toned writing - just keep it real and write as you speak. 😊
4. It should contain a few good headings, and be well-formatted so it's easy to read (small paragraphs and appropriate use of bold/italic text to make your points stand out).
Must contain relevant supportive links to reputable sources. No affiliate links (though I reserve the right to edit your post as required and to insert my own affiliate links where appropriate).
5. Your post must be accompanied by a picture - preferably in a relevant, cultural setting or something else that's relevant to the post topic as you see on every post of mine.
6. Preferred: Clear evidence that you're a regular reader of this blog by engaging with or referencing its content.
7. Absolutely under no circumstances can the content be posted anywhere else including on your own blog. I do not post duplicate articles.
8. When you submit an article to this site, your article becomes the exclusive property of The Mezzofanti Guild. That means it's important for you to know that I have full rights to edit, attribute, sell or delete the post as if it were my own.
I suggest you take a glance over my content including guest articles I've had in the past to see what's expected.
Generic emails from professional writers or unrelated niches are deleted immediately.
If you landed here from a search engine looking for guest posting opportunities, I don't want your spam. To all passionate language learners - I really encourage you to write here. You'd be amazed at how much your own experience can motivate and encourage other learners.
Must provide the article in Markdown format (.md). I cannot accept docs or pdfs.