No blog post today! 🙂
Today I have a video screencast instead where I review a new series called Grammar Hero by Olly Richards (I Will Teach You A Language).
I was particularly interested in looking at this series because I’ve often talked about grammar on this blog and the way most language education gets it so wrong. I have a mixed response to Olly’s approach as I outline in the video.
A few bullet points to summarize:
- Great concept overall
- Offers a condensed version of the Short Stories books with stories that focus on key target grammar
- Still too much explicit grammar instruction despite insisting otherwise
- Covers the topics that most learners struggle with
- Stories and audio are excellent as learning material
- Would potentially be a perfect course style for literary and classical languages that aren’t spoken (e.g. Koine Greek)
Find out more here.
Used Grammar Hero before?