In this episode, I talk about our recent trip to Jordan as a young family with a toddler, and some of the unique benefits it brought to our language immersion experience.
- Solo travel gets old and limits you in more ways than you realize.
- Traveling with kids opens up a world of new opportunities and relationships in language immersion that single/childless people are excluded from.
- Immersion with children is important for their development as they get exposed to new cultures and people groups.
- I’ve realized now just how superficial my relationships were while traveling young and solo.
- There are new challenges involved with traveling as a family (e.g. being an interpreter for the family).
- The biggest cons to doing this with family as opposed to being solo is that it limits your time and chance of random encounters.
- Being married with kids is a badge of honor in many cultures and will allow you to interact with and befriend people in new circles.
Related blog post:
I wrote a detailed article on this experience that you should take a look at if you’re interested in language immersion with children.
'Now Or Never' 💪 Language Bootcamp SALE
Olly Richards of I Will Teach You A Language is running an incredible 8 week online program for Spanish, French, Italian, German and Japanese based on his popular method.
The offer: Heavily discounted Uncovered language course + 8 weeks of live online coaching + additional bonuses.
If you're stuck at home during COVID-19 lockdown, take advantage of this offer.