- We took our 8 month old son on his first immersion trip to Jordan.
- The trip was primarily for the purpose of working with Iraqi and Syrian refugees in East Amman.
- The refugees we worked with had survived ISIS, who went from town to town marking doors with the Arabic letter “ن” to target them.
- They’re able to live in relative safety in Jordan but still remain an underclass with few privileges.
- The language immersion challenge was exceptionally difficult for me as it was often very emotional talking to people and hearing their stories.
- I had some fascinating exchanges with multiple Arabic dialects at the same time.
- The goal was to use TalkInArabic.com as a tool to employ some of these people.
Related blog post:
Learn more about what we did in Jordan in this post.
'Now Or Never' 💪 Language Bootcamp SALE
Olly Richards of I Will Teach You A Language is running an incredible 8 week online program for Spanish, French, Italian, German and Japanese based on his popular method.
The offer: Heavily discounted Uncovered language course + 8 weeks of live online coaching + additional bonuses.
If you're stuck at home during COVID-19 lockdown, take advantage of this offer.