Podcasts / Episode #28
- We took our 8 month old son on his first immersion trip to Jordan.
- The trip was primarily for the purpose of working with Iraqi and Syrian refugees in East Amman.
- The refugees we worked with had survived ISIS, who went from town to town marking doors with the Arabic letter “ن” to target them.
- They’re able to live in relative safety in Jordan but still remain an underclass with few privileges.
- The language immersion challenge was exceptionally difficult for me as it was often very emotional talking to people and hearing their stories.
- I had some fascinating exchanges with multiple Arabic dialects at the same time.
- The goal was to use TalkInArabic.com as a tool to employ some of these people.
Related blog post:
Learn more about what we did in Jordan in this post.
Resource: Check out my review of Diwan Baladna. It’s an amazing book for learning Jordanian Arabic.