In this episode, I discuss motivation with regard to language learning and some crucial points that determine success or failure for most people.
- There are two types of motivation – extrinsic and intrinsic.
- Both can be vitally important motivation sources.
- Extrinsic is the more risky to rely on however because it’s brittle. Once your extrinsic motivator is gone, you run out of reasons to continue.
- The most important word in language learning is why.
- Take advice from Bear Grylls and his “just go to Fiji” story.
- Spending quality time establishing your purpose is probably the best use of your time and will lay the groundwork for your eventual success.
Related blog post:
Read my motivation post right here.
Made up your mind? Take a look at my language tools page for some inspiration.