In this episode, I talk about one of the most difficult places every single language learner eventually finds themselves in: the dreaded Intermediate plateau.
We all get there.
- You’re on a plateau because you’ve either: a) reached your goal or b) never had goals to begin with.
- There’s a difference between micro and macro goals.
- The ‘training wheels’ of language learning eventually come off and you’re on your own.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ‘shocking’ principle is a perfect analogy.
- I describe a brilliant and simple way to find your next objective.
Related blog post:
Read my advice on how to move beyond the dreaded Intermediate learning plateau.