In today’s episode, I show you how I continue to improve my foreign language fluency when I’ve already reached a high level in the language.
- Gaps in language learning are much more obvious as beginners.
- We can easily see where we need to improve when we’re completely new to a language.
- As Intermediate learners, goals are less defined.
- “Fluent” does mean that you can talk about advanced topics.
- Language learners develop habits and comfortable ways of expressing things
- As an Intermediate learner, focus on learning alternative ways to say the same thing
- Prepare for new situations and use them as opportunities to learn ways of expressing your needs
- Use books and courses that focus on real world issues through the language (not just advanced grammar books)
Related blog post:
Read my article on improving languages once you’ve reached a high level.