In this episode, I go into more detail about my chunking method which is a far more natural way to learn to speak a foreign language compared to traditional grammar study.
- Most dismal language learning results all boil down to one thing: grammar.
- Grammar study isn’t necessary for learning to speak a foreign language yet it’s the part people stress the most about.
- We learn naturally in ‘chunks’ (whole pieces of language).
- Language chunks are learned unanalyzed.
- Children don’t analyze or study language chunks – they just hear and acquire.
- Phrasebooks – not grammar books – are the most useful tools you can buy in the early stages.
Related blog post:
Read my detailed post on chunking.
Take a look at Rocket Languages, a language course series developed on a similar method to mine (review).