- As an Applied Linguistics student, I always looked forward to the day I had my own kids so I could study their language development.
- I’ve been closely watching and taking notes on my one year old son’s language which has been eye-opening.
- Academics are frankly wrong when they dismiss the idea of applying 1st language learning to 2nd language learning.
- Children are not superhuman.
- Children attempt to imitate what they hear and don’t care if they get it wrong.
- My son learned sign language at 10 months old.
- Listening comprehension precedes speaking in the case of children.
- Prominent sounds correspond directly to meaning.
Related blog post:
I wrote about this in detail here.
Check out the Little Pim series on Amazon if you have kids (it’s a children’s series created by Paul Pimsleur’s daughter).