- I set a New Year goal of learning Modern Greek while simultaneously improving my Koine Greek from college.
- The plan was to see just how much one benefits the other and share those results with my readers.
- Koine Greek was the global lingua franca (common language) of the Greco-Roman empire between about 300BC and 300AD. It was also the language of the New Testament and early Christianity.
- Koine is without doubt the most consequential language in history.
- Koine evolved into Medieval and then Modern Greek, so they’re closely related but much has changed over centuries.
- See the link below for the Koine resources I’ve been using.
- I also decided to give Michel Thomas another chance after the publisher sent me the Greek edition to test.
Related blog post:
Learn more about my Modern -> Koine Greek experiment.
'Now Or Never' 💪 Language Bootcamp SALE
Olly Richards of I Will Teach You A Language is running an incredible 8 week online program for Spanish, French, Italian, German and Japanese based on his popular method.
The offer: Heavily discounted Uncovered language course + 8 weeks of live online coaching + additional bonuses.
If you're stuck at home during COVID-19 lockdown, take advantage of this offer.