In this episode, I talk about what I believe to be the single most difficult aspect of language learning.
I call it the one thing that you can’t bull***t in language learning — listening comprehension.
- ‘Speaking a language’ is easy – comprehending it is the real challenge.
- You see a lot of people on YouTube putting speaking videos up after a few months – but can they understand what they hear?
- Listening comprehension is by far the most challenging and time consuming process in language learning.
- I did military testing for a language-related role – they weren’t interested in my speaking skills. They tested my listening skills.
- Your goal should not be just to “be understood” but to “be understood and understand”.
Related blog post:
Read my blog post on the one thing that can’t be BS’d in language learning.