In this episode, I talk about how I discovered my propensity toward visual-spatial learning and how I was able to channel my strengths to learn languages more effectively.
- Every time you learn another language, it gets easier than the previous one you learned.
- Your metalinguistic awareness increases as you do it more.
- The main reason why things get easier is that you learn more and more about yourself – where your strengths and weaknesses are.
- I was a complete failure before I learned that I was a visual learner.
- Sequential learners prefer structure and syllabi – visual learners are more disorganized.
- Visual learners also struggle with retaining audio-only material.
- Rote memorization is a waste of time for visual learners.
Related blog posts:
Read my article on how I learned that I’m a visual-spatial learner and how it changed my entire strategy for learning languages.
Find a qualified teacher on italki who’s experienced in teaching effectively to visual-spatial learners.