Have you noticed how most language learning apps/web platforms look the same (or very similar)?
In this episode, I question whether or not language innovation has peaked already.
- I’m forever getting requests from startups asking me to help promote their (latest and greatest) language idea.
- At least 90% of their ideas are a complete reinvention of the wheel or a blatant ripoff of something that already exists.
- These “innovators” seem to more effort into simple UI design than coming up with research-based methods.
- The UI designs are getting more and more babyish – we’re marketed to as if we were children.
- Technology in general is making us stupid (fact).
- It seems as though very few new innovations are being made on the language front.
Related blog posts:
Read up on my article on this here.