In this episode, I cover in great detail what translation is all about and how you can get into it as a career.
- I’ve worked in translation on-and-off for years (Arabic -> English).
- Translation and interpretation are two completely different jobs (interpretation is much harder in my opinion).
- Just because you’re fluent doesn’t mean you’re able to translate.
- Translators are good writers and good writers are good readers.
- Being a successful translator requires persistence and strong business/branding skills (if you’re freelance).
- Rare languages have less work but pay better.
Related blog post:
I wrote an article about how to become a freelance translator and make money while you travel.
Hey, it's Black Friday Time!
This is without doubt the most important time of the year to grab the best language products for dirt cheap.
You can literally save a fortune on language learning resources which makes this an unmissable time to stock up for next year.
Black Friday period only lasts a few days each year.
I've collaborated with other language course creators to round up some incredible Black Friday language offers from around the web for you this week (and some are exclusive to my readers).