In this episode, I share how I was deeply impacted by a single proverb in Ecclesiastes and how it really became a pivotal moment in my language journey.
When I started learning languages, I was a failure.
Do you have a similar story?
- I completely flunked my first two years of college including Greek and Hebrew.
- Ecclesiastes 10:10.
- Polyglots shouldn’t be regarded as “good at languages” but rather “good at self-assessing”.
- Self-assessment is a constant, ongoing process not just in language learning but all facets of life.
- Everything never working out for you? Take a cue from George Costanza (try doing the complete opposite of everything you normally do).
- If a language method or activity isn’t working for you, stop doing it!
Related blog post:
Hey, it's Black Friday Time!
This is without doubt the most important time of the year to grab the best language products for dirt cheap.
You can literally save a fortune on language learning resources which makes this an unmissable time to stock up for next year.
Black Friday period only lasts a few days each year.
I've collaborated with other language course creators to round up some incredible Black Friday language offers from around the web for you this week (and some are exclusive to my readers).