In this episode, I share how I was deeply impacted by a single proverb in Ecclesiastes and how it really became a pivotal moment in my language journey.
When I started learning languages, I was a failure.
Do you have a similar story?
- I completely flunked my first two years of college including Greek and Hebrew.
- Ecclesiastes 10:10.
- Polyglots shouldn’t be regarded as “good at languages” but rather “good at self-assessing”.
- Self-assessment is a constant, ongoing process not just in language learning but all facets of life.
- Everything never working out for you? Take a cue from George Costanza (try doing the complete opposite of everything you normally do).
- If a language method or activity isn’t working for you, stop doing it!
Related blog post:
For seriously affordable language lessons or practice sessions, visit italki.